Community Engagement Coordinator
|Type of role:||Healthcare|
|Location:||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Full Time:||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||30 Sep 2020|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Responsible for coordinating in-country Polio Emergency Operation Centres(EOC) community engagement work , volunteer management and support
Programme Delivery: People Management
• Support in-country volunteer planning and support recruitment of a high performing team of national and community volunteers.
• Manage national volunteer performance, ensuring compliance with VSO policy, process and procedure.
• Develop and maintain monitoring tools to ensure that the resourcing framework and minimum standards are adhered to.
• Ensuring volunteer emergencies are managed efficiently
The overall objective will be to provide technical support to program implementation, with the following specific deliverables
• Provide a key co-ordination and implementation role, ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met.
• Ensure project outcomes are of high quality, within budget and scope and delivered in a timely manner.
• Establishing beneficial partnerships with communities and strengthen access to and utilization of polio immunisation services
• Understanding and mapping community and its needs to inform action planning
• Ensure national volunteers are coach/trained to maintain knowledge and skills, and are informed of, and supported to adapt to our core approaches as well as changes on methodology, process or content.
Stakeholder Engagement, Management and Communications
• Be the focal person to coordinate the work of and maintain strong relationships to ensure that project activities advance in a smooth and timely manner.
• Build effective working relationships with project stakeholders, engaging them at each project stage, ensuring communications have appropriate content and tone.
• Ensure organizational communications about project benefits, progress and outcomes suit audience and are timely.
• Anticipate project risks and issues, communicating them to stakeholders and take action to resolve issues.
• Create a lifelong relationship and engagement of volunteers with VSO and with their communities and governments.
• Accountable and responsible for maintaining effective engagement and professional ways of working with our VSO
Safeguarding, Security and Risk Management
• Commit to VSO’s vision and values, including safeguarding and taking a zero-tolerance approach to abuse and harm.
• Ensure plans are developed and being implemented with the programme’s Duty of Care Lead team and stakeholders (staff, volunteer, primary actors, etc.) are aware and comply.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application